The most effective CEOs work on (NOT in) the business.
These CEOs understand and value strategic solitude and deep thought. These CEOs constantly gather insight from new and unfiltered sources. You won’t find these CEOs on the tactical treadmill to nowhere. These CEOs don’t get caught in an echo chamber. These CEOs are not lonely and isolated. These CEOs seek out ways to manage the stress and fatigue of the job. These CEOs join and become valuable members of peer advisory groups. These CEOs connect with other CEOs and build deep bonds of trust. They lead powerfully. They get results faster. They are just a whole lot happier professionally and personally. They understand like Joseph Roux that, “Solitude vivifies; isolation kills.”
Who am I?
I am a seasoned Vistage Chair with a fully energized peer advisory group of 16 CEOs. I’m building an equally dynamic second chief executive group in the Seattle Metro area. My second group launches this Spring, and I’m taking applications for remaining seats now. Are you a candidate? Read on to find out.
Every CEO, president, founder, or business owner aims to accomplish more in their business, fix something internally or avoid a costly mistake. Imagine a dozen or more fellow CEOs and business owners sharing their advice and perspectives on your challenges and opportunities. Vistage peer advisory groups helps CEOs grow their businesses by outpacing their competition, hiring top talent, and establishing a better work-life balance.
As a result, Vistage member companies grow at 3x the rate of average U.S. companies.
My Selection Process
A critical part of my Chairing is to select, vet, and invite only the highest quality members to join my CEO peer advisory groups. I look for candidates with these Member Attributes.
The Mutual Selection Journey is a guided process to help us explore chemistry with each other and within the peer group. My ASK? If you’re serious about leadership growth – if you’re ready to take your company to the next level – then commit to these actions:
- Visit vistage.com/mckeown to reserve your seat for my CEO Breakfast Forum on February 28, 2017.
- Talk with me for 10-minutes by phone. I want to understand your opportunities and challenges.
- Meet me in your office for 30-45 minutes. I want to get a sense for what drives you.
- If asked, commit to a 90-minute selection interview free of interruptions and distractions.
- If offered a seat in the group–answer, “Hell yes!” or “Hell no!” Don’t say, “Maybe.”
I’ll be considerate of your time, and I expect the same from you. Let’s get to know each other. The power of peers is a game-changer for you. If you are selected you will embark on a remarkable journey — not because of me — but because of extraordinary chief executive peers surrounding you.
I look forward to helping you evaluate this opportunity, gain new perspectives and discover a renewed sense of direction. These links will give you a better sense of Vistage membership:
- What is Vistage? (4:24-minute video)
- How Collaboration Leads to Success with the Help of a Vistage Group (1:39-minute video)
- How a Vistage group impacts you as a Leader (45-second video)
- Link: Membership Demographics (1-page flyer)
You can review these videos and flyer in under 10 minutes.