Business Development Lead – Strategy + Marketing = Great Opportunity! (Belltown) hide this posting
compensation: DOE – Salary + Bonus/Commission
employment type: full-time
Dynamic Computing is looking for a Business Development Lead!
Dynamic Computing is a leading Managed IT Service Provider to small and mid-sized companies and organizations located in the Puget Sound region and beyond. We provide Managed IT Services, including IT support, consulting, system upgrades, & cloud migrations for companies who have complex IT needs, but who want a more comprehensive solution than an independent consultant or small IT department can provide.
We’re a small but growing company that is laser-focused on our mission of being the best Managed IT Service Provider in the Pacific Northwest. Our team of 18 needs the right person to help us drive our growth, while ensuring that we do an amazing job for our clients every single day.
The Business Development Lead role is not another routine sales position with a different title.
It’s a role that combines strategy, creative marketing, system building, and adds a splash of sales at the end. We’ve got a very narrow idea of what a good client is, and our new Biz Dev person will help us identify the right people at the clients we want to target, communicate with them in a way that helps them understand how we’re different, and if we’re successful, it’ll involve a phone call and/or a meeting to get our sales process rolling. This job is the opposite of the old-school knock-until-you-drop method.
What kind of person are we looking for?
• The Master Strategist – As we already said, this isn’t your average sales job with a fancy title. We’re looking for someone that will help us carry out our strategy – to target the clients we’re looking for and help us get their attention, through whatever methods we find effective. We’ll need you to come up with new and creative ways to get in front of the clients we want to work with.
• The Creative Marketer – We’ve got a message to get out. The message is that there’s a ton of really mediocre companies that we compete with, and their clients deserve better. That message needs to be framed differently to different people. We need your creative brain to help us figure out how influence the hearts and minds of our potential clients.
• The Sleuth – Are you that person that can find out anything about anyone? Then you’re perfect for this job! We need someone who’s really good at investigating, and will find the right people to have a very important conversation with.
• The Statistician – We’re looking for a numbers person. Someone who builds new systems and tracks their progress, like a hawk tracks its prey. If you think actual hard data is your best friend, and you somehow find comfort only when you can justify something numerically, this might very well be the job for you.
• The Light Switch – We need you to be able to turn on the charm when you need to. In order to get in front of the clients we want, you’re going to have make an occasional phone call or two to someone you’ve never talked to before. Don’t get us wrong – this job isn’t about cold calling – we hate everything about that technique. But it’s important to be able to have a strategic conversation when the time is right.
• The Opportunist – We need you to turn inches into miles. Sometimes, it might have to be millimeters into miles. We’re not trying to pry open doors that are welded shut. But we do need you to be able to sniff out a great potential client from a mile away and turn whatever crack of daylight they might be willing to give you into a closed deal.
• The At-Least Occasional Extravert – Sometimes we need a presence in front of an audience. Whether it be a booth at a trade show, an evening of networking, or a community service event, we need you to be able to act as a positive face and name for our company and figure out where the opportunities lie in your audience. That means you have to kind of like people, at least some of the time.
• Just a Little Bit of a Nerd – You don’t need to have a ton of IT experience for this job (although it certainly doesn’t hurt). But you need to REALLY like technology and enjoy helping people make their jobs easier and their companies more productive. After all, that’s what we’re all about.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• 4 Year (Bachelor’s) Degree strongly preferred, preferably with a focus that involves heavy written communication or business administration (ideally marketing). Equivalent experience is absolutely acceptable.
• 3 Years minimum experience in a business-focused marketing, strategy, or business development role, preferably in another professional or creative environment. Experience targeting/selling to a C-Level target audience is even better.
• Experience working with computer hardware, software, networking equipment, and IT solutions/services is a huge plus and will give you a leg up on the competition.
• If you don’t know the difference between your mouse and your iPhone, this isn’t the right position for you. The right candidate for this job will have a good working knowledge of devices, cloud applications, and some basics about IT services. Not to mention the ability to learn quickly.
So what will I be doing every day?
Below is a list of the day-to-day responsibilities – well, it’s is a pretty good start, at least. Given that we’re a small company and this is a brand new position, we can pretty much guarantee you that you’ll be asked to do things that seemingly have nothing to do with the items below, and that’s where it gets fun, right?
Job Description / Responsibilities: The Business Development Lead position is designed to be a full-time, salaried + bonus/commission, overtime exempt position, completed in approximately 40 hours per week. The position will be responsible for the following:
• Target Client Identification. We’re not looking for a million new clients. More like 100. Ideally adding at a rate of 1-2 per month. We need you to help identify which companies fit our mold, who the people there are that make the decisions, and how to get their attention.
• Marketing Campaign Creation & Development. You’ll be the creative brain behind our messaging. We need you to come up with new and creative ways to reach our target clients and get them to bite. You’ll also be responsible for measuring their effectiveness and adjusting as needed to get them on board.
• Strategic Referral Creation & Development. Our best clients have typically come as referrals from our existing clients. And our existing clients usually rave about us. So we need you to help get them to rave about us to the right people at the right time. We’ve grown organically from 6 to 18 people over the past 5 years. We need you to work the referral train to help us grow strategically from 18 to a whole lot more over the next 5.
• Strategic Partnership Creation & Development. We’re firm believers that having strong partnerships will help strengthen our service offerings and grow our client base. You’ll be responsible for helping to find and develop those partnerships and work with them to find mutually beneficial opportunities for everyone.
• New Client Acquisition. Once we’ve got the lead pipeline going, we want your help in converting them from leads to new clients. That’ll mean handling some meetings and screening out the weeds to ensure we’re not barking up the wrong tree.
• Solutions Team Collaboration. You’ll be a bit of a lone wolf in this role – working directly for our CEO. But you won’t be totally alone. You’ll work closely with our Solutions Team that’s responsible for account management and technical sales for our existing client base. They’ll be handle IT evaluations for new potential clients, and they’ll need your help and collaboration to ensure the new clients that you help reel in are handed off, taken care of, and stick around for the long run
• TBD. Yep, that’s right. To Be Determined is officially in your job description. We’re a growing, changing and evolving company that needs more sales and marketing talent. That’s why we’re trying to hire you. It’s very likely that we’ll need more of your magic to spread around in different areas. We need someone that’s on board with our vision and up for a challenge.
• This will be a salaried (+ bonus/commission), full-time position that is overtime exempt. The starting salary will be DOE, and ultimately, your pay will be based on the results you deliver. We don’t anticipate much more than 40 hours per week, but we may occasionally ask you to stay an extra hour or two if something important comes up or we’ve got a special event. Benefits start right away – the first of the month after you’re officially on board.
• Medical – We pay 100% of your medical insurance! (We’re not kidding). We’ll also make a contribution to your HSA account after you’ve been here for 6 months, and we’d encourage you to do the same (not to mention that you get a tax break for doing so). You’ll also have the ability to add your spouse/partner, and/or children at your expense if you’d like.
• Disability – We also pay 100% of the cost of a short and long term disability insurance policy for you – it ensures that you continue to receive income if you get hurt and are unable to work.
• Retirement – We provide a Simple IRA retirement plan, matched dollar per dollar for up to the first 3% of your salary.
• Paid holidays – You’ll get paid for 9 holidays without even showing up to work! You’ll get to pick either MLK or President’s Day, plus Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & following Friday, two days at Christmas, and New Year’s Day.
• Transit Pass – You’ll get an ORCA card that entitles you to free transit on the bus, train, light rail and more that you can use to get to work (and for your personal use).
• Additional PTO – You get 16 additional paid personal days off per year – you can use them if you’re sick or for a vacation or two.
How do I apply?
Please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers